Monday, January 16, 2012

Anja's POV Journal

Leah Mancuso
1/11/12

November 17th, 1936

Today I recieved a letter about Vladek, the man I’m engaged to. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I read it. In it, someone, a woman presumably, said the most hateful things about Vladek that really made me think. By the end of the letter, my eyes were so full of tears I could barely make out the faint “L” that was signed. Who “L” was was barely a thought that crossed my mind. All I could think was how could Vladek betray me like this? The man I loved, the man who I would be married to in a very short amount of time. How could he keep this from me? The letter said he had many girlfriends back at home. Well I’m sure that’s true, I’m nobody special. I bet a girlfriend wrote this very letter. He’s probably run back to her already. And he is just marrying me for my money? Well I bet that’s true as well. I’m not beautiful, or clever. All that I’m worth it my money. But...I love Vladek and I was so sure he loved me too.

-Anja

November 19th, 1936

Vladek came to visit me yesterday. He still loves me! How did I doubt him? I cried when I saw him and he comforted me so well. I can’t wait to marry him in just three short months. How did I get so lucky?

-Anja

No comments:

Post a Comment