Friday, November 11, 2011

There was once a chance I didn't take...

10/16/11

   There was once a chance I didn't take. It was sometime last fall/winter, when stores were preparing to stock up on Christmas supplies and get ready for the rush of holiday shoppers. It was common sense that these stores would be more open to hiring at the time. Even if it was just a seasonal job, I could've used the extra cash. Maybe I could even impress them enough as a worker they would hire me full time after the holidays. That would be so perfect! I would finally have money to buy the things I wanted. A new phone, a Universal pass, I could even get a car. All I had to do was apply to every store in the mall, surely one would hire me! Okay, first I just have to go up to each register and ask them for an application. That shouldn't be hard...right?
   But as the time actually came, it wasn't so easy to actually go up and ask. What if they were busy? What if they looked at me stupid? What if there was just some obvious way to apply that didn't require all this and I was going to look like an idiot? In the end, I only ended up applying to two places, and it was over the computer. Needless to say, I didn't get a job. It's not as easy as it looks, but maybe if I took the chance and presented myself well in each store, I would have a job. I got a car, but I do find myself broke often. The holiday season is approaching, and I think now that I learned my lesson, I would be more open to doing it. I think I'll try again!

No comments:

Post a Comment